The Community Grants Application Portal is
We are currently accepting applications from non profit organizations and community groups which sponsor programmes that are educational/awareness related and programmes geared towards Hurricane Dorian impact.
All applications are welcomed.
PLEASE READ THE BELOW INFORMATION REGARDING OUR COMMUNITY GRANTS ELIGIBILITY AND THE APPLICATION PROCESS. ONCE YOU ARE FINISHED, SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND PRESS THE “CLICK HERE TO APPLY” BUTTON TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS.
On average we receive 50 applications for grant funding each year. We disburse approximately 30 awards in the range of $2,500 to $20,000. Our average grant is $5,000.
Non-profits and civic organizations can apply at any time. However, there are 3 cycle deadline dates that you should note:
- Cycle One deadline: February 15th.
- Cycle Two deadline: April 15th.
- Cycle Three deadline: October 15th.
All applications that have been submitted up to the specific cycle’s deadline will be forwarded for final review and decision for that specific cycle.
All Community Grant applications are handled through our Fluidreview platform which can be accessed at the bottom of this page.
Notification on status of application and final decision will be delivered via email.
- Scope of work must be in The Bahamas.
- Project or programming must align with the Foundations’ mission
How to Apply
Create an account on our FluidReview Platform by clicking here. Once your account is set up, take the eligibility quiz. When asked, please select “Applying for funds for a non-profit organization”.
You will then gain access to the Grants Application where you can fill out information and upload documents related to your organization.
Supplementary documentation as outlined on the application form include but is not limited to:
- Proposal outlining purpose of grant request
- History of organisation or programme
- Organisational structure
- List of Board of Directors
- Annual Budget
- Major contributors
- Recent annual financial statements
Grant applications are reviewed by the Programme Director and recommendations are submitted to the Board of Directors for approval.
There may also be additional due diligence through site visits, telephone or in person interviews, financial and budget discussions.
Download the Reporting Form
Reports are due sixty days (60) days following the completion of your project.
Deliver report to our office in Templeton Global Advisors building.
Grants Programme Director
Lyford Cay Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box N-7776
Email to: email@example.com
What don't you fund?
We do not provide grant funding for:
- Medical Expenses
- General fundraising campaigns
- Sponsorship of fundraising events
- General funding of government agencies (except for programmes tied to our mission that may be facilitated by the organisation).
- General funding for places of worship (except for programmes tied to our mission that may be facilitated by the organisation).
- The purchase of vehicles
- Travel and travel-related expenses