The Lyford Cay Scholars Association (LCSA) supports the Foundations’ alumni by making available activities and services that promote individual growth, group interaction and long-term career development. Membership in the Association is automatic upon graduation for past scholarship recipients.
A Lyford Cay Scholars Council has been set up to assist in shaping the direction of the Association. Its members include:
- Yvette Bethel, former President of the LCSA. She is CEO of Organizational Soul, an HR Training and Development firm.
- Vanessa Riley, immediate past President of the LCSA. She is a former Culinary Arts and Hospitality Lecturer at COB and is the President of Turning Point Consulting Firm, a Hospitality and Industry Training Firm.
- Felicity Humblestone, a Scholar and the Director of Development at the College of The Bahamas.
- John Benjamin, a Scholar and Trust Administrator at UBS Trustees (Bahamas) Ltd. John is actively involved in the community and was very instrumental with the planning of LCSA’s ‘Revel in the Arts’ 2005 fundraiser.
- Vaughn Roberts, a Scholar and VP of Finance at Baha Mar. Vaughn has pledged his support to the Association and wants to assist in building a closer network for its members.
The Council is enthusiastically organizing dates and activities to provide opportunities for scholars to:
- Network with each other and community leaders
- Heighten public awareness and recognition of other Lyford Cay scholars
- Develop their careers through job vacancy postings and mentor relationships
- Give back to the Bahamian community through participation in TimeWorks and other service projects
- Pursue continuing education in a variety of subjects
The Foundations are committed to staying in touch with all past scholarship recipients. Please take a moment to ensure that the contact information we have for you is correct.
If you would like to become more involved in the LCSA, have suggestions or questions please click here