Lyford Cay Foundation, Inc. and The Canadian Lyford Cay Foundation were created to enhance and enrich The Bahamas and the lives of its people.
To this end, we direct our resources into two principal areas:
- Increasing the availability of higher education and technical training for Bahamians
- Supporting local non-profit groups through financial contributions and volunteer initiatives
Thanks to the generosity of our donors, the Foundations combined are the largest private educational and philanthropic organization in the country. Our awards to date include:
- More than $15 million in undergraduate, graduate, and technical training and vocational scholarships to Bahamians studying overseas
- In excess of $2.8 million in scholarships to individuals studying at The College of The Bahamas
- More than $12 million in grants, and in excess of 3,500 volunteer ‘man’ hours, to local charities and civic groups
We have also helped secure almost $13 million in scholarship awards for Bahamian students from the colleges and universities they are attending.
The Lyford Cay Foundation, Inc. was founded by members of the Lyford Cay Club in 1969 and is a US non-profit public charity. The Canadian Lyford Cay Foundation was established in 1977 as a Canadian non-profit charity. We share the same purposes, offices and staff, and are separated for tax purposes only.
Through the ongoing support of our benefactors and volunteers, we are proud of having become a lasting source of benefit to The Bahamas, working steadfastly to educate, inspire and enrich our community for the progress and betterment of all.